1) We are thankful that Mayor Bloomberg hasn’t unleashed the stuffing and gravy police on us (yet).
2) We are thankful that we can find any type of food we desire within a three minute walk of our homes, 24 hours a day.
3) We are thankful we don’t need cars.
4) We are thankful that when a divisive, angry loon running for Governor visits our city, we unite in laughing him out of town.
5) We are thankful that, as opposed to other gift giving, wallet draining, false cheer holidays, all that is required of us is to eat a humongous meal and pass out.
6) We are thankful that we live in a city where you are respected, not mocked, for being literate.
7) We are thankful for New York organizations that provide for the city’s poor and elderly this holiday season and always, such as Citimeals on Wheels and God’s Love We Deliver, as well as for such real New Yorkers as James Gandolfini, who puts a spotlight on the needs of our disabled war veterans.
8) We are thankful for Brighton Beach, Coney Island Beach, Orchard Beach and the Rockaways, and hope that by next summer the city will hire enough lifeguards so that we can actually swim at these beaches.
9) We are thankful that the Jet game will be on TV at 8:20pm, after Thanksgiving dinner.
10) We are thankful for that omnipotent, ubiquitous and protective being watching out for all us real New Yorkers: …. Ray Kelly.
Guests coming in for the holidays? Click the Free NY and Food tabs above (and check out the latest Sports page while you’re there)