1) Who said of New York Governor-elect Andrew Cuomo “I’m so very proud of him?” a) Mario Cuomo; b) Bill Clinton; c) Kerry Kennedy; d) Ed Koch
2) Who said the following? a) “The first time I met my wife, I made a crude remark and she threw a beer at me” b) “There never was a war on poverty; there was a skirmish on poverty.” c) “Instead of handing out welfare checks, teach them personal hygiene.” d) “For $300, a six-pack and a pizza, I’ll do a better job than those bureaucrats.” e) “They wear little Speedos and grind up against each other.” f) “The rent is too DAMN high!”
I. Andrew Cuomo; II. Carl Paladino; III. Kenneth McMillan; IV. Warren Redlich
3) Mayor Bloomberg supported the two term limit proposal on today’s ballot because he’s a) fair and honest; b) seen the light; c) perverse; d) knows the loopholes around it
4) David Patterson will be remembered as: a) a hack politician; b) underrated; c) New York’s first black/blind/swinger Governor; d) who?
5) My favorite Cuomo is: a) Andrew; b) Mario; c) Chris; d) Perry
6) Under cover of election week, the MTA jumped the toll to Staten Island to an obscene $13, while keeping the East River bridges toll-free. The lesson here is: a) No MTA board member lives in Staten Island; b) The MTA board doesn’t realize Staten Island is part of New York City; c) Never date a woman from Staten Island d) All of the above
7) New York City’s next Mayor should be: a) Ray Kelly; b) Anthony Weiner; c) Christine Quinn; d) Michael Bloomberg; e) Jay-Z
8) Chris Christie is: a) the hope of the Republican Party b) the guy in the Subway ads c) best known for his hit song “The Gypsy Cried”; d) a supermodel
Answers: 1) b (Bill Clinton); 2) a, c, e: Carl Paladino; b): Andrew Cuomo; d) Warren Redlich; f) Kenneth McMillan; 3-8: Feel free to expand on your answers in the comments section.