How many of these boldface New York names can you pinpoint? (a couple of the answers below may surprise you):
1) Chuck Schumer is: a) a mixed marshall arts champion; b) ex-star of Walker, Texas Ranger; c) a New York Senator; d) New York’s Governor
2) The name of Andrew Cuomo‘s partner is: a) Sara Lee; b) Sandra Lee; c) Peggy Lee; d) Cliff Lee
3) Kirsten Gillibrand is: a) on Dancing With the Stars; b) a Mandarin Chinese scholar a/k/a Lu Tian Na; c) ex-lawyer for tobacco giant Philip Morris; d) a New York Senator
4) Donald Trump’s greatest achievement is: a) having a cool nickname; b) inheriting a fortune; b) not laughing every time he looks in the mirror; d) proving President Obama is Mexican.
5) Local TV anchorman Greg Kelly is the son of: a) Gene Kelly; b) Ray Kelly; c) Grace Kelly; d) Gloria Vanderbilt.
6) Kiplagat and Gebrmariam are: a) anagrams for famous New Yorkers; b) the most popular dishes at The Russian Tea Room; c) leaders of Brooklyn’s Russian mob; d) winners of the NYC Marathon.
7) Helen Marshall and James Molinaro are: a) world figure skating champions; b) winners of the NYC Marathon; c) NYC Borough Presidents; d) stars of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
8) Anthony Weiner is: a) a New York City Congressman; b) the husband of Muslim Hillary Clinton aide Huna Abedin; c) a buddy of actor Ben Affleck; d) the birth name of skateboarder Tony Hawk.
9) Match the following NY celebrities with their comments about Donald Trump’s recent questioning of President Obama’s place of birth, education and intelligence level:
I. “This kind of demogoguery has no place in public discourse”; II. “How dare you? It’s like a big hustle–he’s like a used car salesman”; III. “It’s all fun, it’s all a circus, a rodeo, until it starts to smack of racism.”– a) Robert DeNiro; b) David Letterman; c) Jerry Seinfeld
Answers: 1) b; 2) c; 3) b, c, d; 4) b; 5) b; 6) d; 7) c; 8) a, b, c; 9) I-c, II-a, III-b